Friday, July 31, 2009

July 30th- Broadway Day

Today we had the option of going to Bath or having a free day to do what we please. It's obvious as to what my decision was since the week has been full of very long days. We decided that we would sleep in and go to a Broadway that night. We only have had a few more days left in London so we had to at least experience the entertainment aspect of this city.I am surprisingly not Broadways biggest fan, but I knew coming here I would at least have to see one. Billy Elliot was a show a lot of our group members suggested we should see. After purchasing a deal for obstructed seat tickets I was ready to go. Even though I couldn't see the right side of the stage or their feet, I liked it. It was a really entertaining show, it was funny along with some amusing dancing. Although it was three hours, I am really glad that I went. It was a good show to see, there was a little boy in it that was adorable. Billy was a good dancer and singer for how old he looked and probably was. The story line is based on the like a depression era where his family is on strike and Billy doesn't want to do boxing like others and he just wants to dance ha. His teacher discovers his talent and then he tries out for a ballet school. It had a great story behind it, and it was a good ending to a night. It was also funny to know that the f word to them isn't a swear word. This was definitely used every sentence I had to become numb to it. Also I would never think the actors would smoke real cigs on stage. Since we were in the front row it was all I could smell. Not cool.

1 comment: