Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 9th- Venice is where It's at

This morning we got to spend a few more hours shopping around before we took a wonderful two hour train ride to the beautiful city of Venice. This has been a dream of mine to go here since I was little and let’s just say it’s more amazing than I ever could have imagined. There are gondolas everywhere, and just the fact that there are no cars anywhere makes it so much quieter. The moment I walked out into the city I knew I was going to love it, just seeing the boats and the way each house is set up. I loved how there are actually legit old brick walls with half stucco on them, and shutters that are beautiful that make each house unique. We did hear someone jamming on their boat on the way to their house just the same as we do in our cars. I can’t even dream of what it would be like to live here, it would be a lot different but it would be a great experience. So far, Venice tops every place that I have been everything I see I love ha besides the fact there are jellyfish everywhere in the river we saw like five just floating while we were waiting for our hotel. The water taxi and somewhat like subways ha except on the water. They do not wait an extra second for someone to get on after you, half of our group got left behind because we had to try to fit our luggage but it took too long so they just drive away. I would definitely not want to get lost here. There are so many alley ways. The hotel we are staying at is so pretty. I am obsessed with my room and could lay in it all day. It is probably one of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed at before. I’m glad that it was in my favorite place too because it just made this day so much more complete.

Venice is amazing and I’m excited to walk around the city more and see everything it has to offer. We were able to go see the Ponte de Rialto Bridge where it overlooks a great part of Venice. It has little shops in the middle and is great for walking around. All the other bridges that we walked over to get places had different patterns and designs on the railings so it was really neat to see each one. We ate dinner at a place just off the bridge and I got spaghetti that was just delightful. We found a crepe shop for dessert that was awesome I have never seen them make crepes like it before. My friend Ashlee’s goal was to kiss an Italian man and she made it happen with the crepe maker. It was a really fun day and night. I am so happy to be in Venice.

No comments:

Post a Comment