Sunday, July 26, 2009

July 26th- A Little Piece of Home

Today is the first time in weeks we have been able to go to church. It was an exciting day, I was not liking the feeling of my inactivity because of this trip. It didn't start until two thirty so we geared up all day for this. The church was cool inside, it had a modern flair to it, which you are never used to seeing. I enjoyed this sacrament meeting despite the fact it was so hot inside. There were three talks followed by words of the Quorum of the Seventy. The British accents were a treat throughout each meeting and I also enjoyed the fact that I got a Bounty bar out of this. A Bounty bar is the great goodness of an almond joy minus the almonds.The one thing about home that I miss is a great sunday dinner. We accomplished this here by improvising what we had to make chicken parmesan. Without a stove top that works things aren't as easy, we resort to having to cook noodles inside the oven and the microwave. The final product was more than excellent.

2 comments:

  1. mmmm....remember the fried chicken i made...i might just have to make that when i get back up to loagie! you guys can venture up to #30...i'll share!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited the "fab five" (a) coordinated their outfits for church, (b) loved missing it, (c) loved going, (d) met people from utah, (e) had such a great experience. I LOVE the FAB FIVE! mom

    ReplyDelete