Wednesday, July 29, 2009

July 29th- Rain Rain Go Away

Today we went to the Burghley House. Upon pulling up the first thing I spotted were deer outside on the grass walking in a herd. Since I have been gone, I have definitely been missing being able to pet and squish Lil Will and Rusty. I immediately ran over to the deer to see if they would allow me to pet them. The only way we could get them to come near enough for a pet was to give them a little treat. You could tell they were scared, but one in particular warmed up to us and let us pet him. They were so cute, I never knew that their antlers has fur on them and they were soft.This, besides the great palace in the background was the highlight of my day. I have pet a deer once before, but that's only because it was sick. I enjoyed having them all around me and loved how they weren't completely shy, running away like usual.As we entered into the house we started in the kitchen. It was huge, it was filled with all kinds of pans and different ovens. The thing I thought was funny was that they had tons of different molding dishes for food. Their teeth were so bad that had to mince up all their food and to make it look pleasant by putting it in a mold to shape it. The hallway through each room was really open, I liked that you could see a little of each room just by looking down. The paintings in the dining room were amazing they had a lot of detail and made objects look 3-D. We were able to see the rooms that were filmed in some of the movies done at the Burghley House.The movies that house is in is Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, and Da Vinci Code. I definitely want to watch these when I get home so I can recognize the places where they are.After seeing the house, we went into the town of Stamford not be confused with Stanford as so I thought. This would have been a lot more enjoyable to walk around if it was not pouring rain. It is supposed to rain here until August 15th. What a forecast right? As for now I hope it gets better, I can handle a little but this is too much to enjoy what we are seeing through an umbrella. We had an hour and a half of free time, which basically meant get off the bus and get soaking wet. I will not be pessimistic about this, ha I did enjoy that while I was in the rain I was in the UK. I also got a great pastery to make up for this. The town reminded me of Oxford and Cambridge, they are all so little and have the exact same feel. It would be a lot of fun going to school in places like these, they also have great shopping which is always a plus. After taking the train ride back home we decided to go to the Harry Potter craze of Platform 9 3/4. I did expect something different location wise, but it was really awesome to see. After seeing the movie, my excitement level for this platform went up ten notches.

No comments:

Post a Comment