Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 1st/2nd! Arrival day:)

Yesterday/Today was a very long day it consisted of: flying, layovers, sleeping, and eating. Throwing my schedule completely off by the eight hour time change and my feet are as swollen as a nine month pregnant women. Rome is beautiful the architecture is amazing and so much bigger than I could have imagined. Our hotel is really nice, I didn't expect to be in a place that would be so great and would also have a pretty courtyard with a pool. The first adventure for the day was when we went the Coliseum, stepping right off the subway there it was. I never expected it to be right in the center of the city, this was the architecture I researched so I was glad I knew extra things about it . It is awesome, it was one of my favorite places I have been. For at least ten minutes we were able to take pictures before there was a complete down pour! Everyone was soaked as well as hit by giant hail which you would never expect to see here. After the rain slowed down a bit we continued our journey through our first day in Rome. We walked into a museum, Palazzo dei Conservatori soaking wet, but they still let us come in and enjoy. Iwas able to see the Colossal Statue of Constantine I which was in separate pieces in the courtyard, and there were also many other cool architectural details.Later that night, we went to Hard Rock Cafe which was great to enjoy some American food in Rome. It was a really good meal, it was different using Euros. I'm not used to getting a horrible exchange rate and spending twice as much as I want to. On the way home we took a taxi that was a crazy driver. He drove on the tracks and everywhere, we were able to see a lot of Rome though it was so fun it reminded me a lot of New York the way the streets are. It was a very long but enjoyable day! I'm so happy to be here! Despite the heat and constant humidity, but it is something to get used to.

1 comment:

  1. At last, positivity.....Sounds and looks like fun! Wish I were there, but because of my 55years and nine months of pregnant feet I might slowwwww you downnnnn. Love you mommee

    ReplyDelete