Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July 5th- A great day for a free day

This was our one day in Rome to do what we wanted and instead of sleeping in which I would have loved to do we decided to go to mass at St. Peter's. It was different than anything I have every seen. I couldn't understand anything they were saying because they was not once where English was spoken. It was very long and the standing up part was not my favorite because my feet were not having that. This definitely encourages me to never skip my third hour of church:) ha I know my poppy would love to hear that. It was a interesting experience to say the least, I mean who can say they went to mass at St. Peter's and saw the Pope outside his window on a casual Sunday. Being inside the St. Peter's Basilica is something I will never forget. Every detail is something is so cool. After being indulged by mass, we never took advantage of our time fully then by taking a nap for five hours. It was absolutely great to finally get some rest in after these long few jet lagged days.Later that night, Lindsey and I decided to go to a restaurant for some pasta. Little did we know that this experience would have last three hours long and we would be receiving some free gifts before getting our check. Next time I will remember that if you never ask for the check they wait until you do. I decided to get a pizza ha and what I didn't know is that is would be three times what I could ever eat. Then came the free alcoholic drinks, which we did decline and tell him we didn't drink but he would not let us get by without them. Luckily, we ordered sodas that came with a can so very casually we poured them into the can when he was not looking. Then he decided to bring us some dessert tiramisu which is something that I don't like. It has coffee on the top and inside which is a taste that I hate. Lindsey was a good sport and ate as much as she could so our waiter would not feel rejected by the free gift.Dinner was a long and funny night, but we were able to meet up with some other girls before going home to go get some gelato. It was fun being able to talk about the Interior Design program with others while having a delightful treat.

1 comment:

  1. Pizza, pizza, yummy, yummy pizza! That pizza is huge...new york pizza doesn't even compare!

    ReplyDelete