Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 8th – I Love Sleeping In

Since I have been gone from home I haven’t been able to have my usual sleep in every day with nothing to worry about. I got my opportunity on my free day in Florence. Although I should have been up enjoying more architecture, I thought I get a pretty good grasp from the tour guide the past two days. She took us to all the many places I wanted to see plus more. I think Florence is absolutely beautiful and I would love to come back here one day.Right outside our hotel there are so many street vendors filled with shopping of jewelry, scarves, ties, leather goods, etc. It reminds me a lot of Canal Street in New York it is about the same business except Euros are worth a lot more than a dollar to us here ha. So what is cheap to them is not quite as cheap to us. It was great to be able to walk around to what different things they had to offer. We were able to make it to H&M here which was awesome, but not quite since there was no A/C. I swear here they love to be hot and decide never turn A/C on in their cars or rooms. I will never understand why someone would want to voluntarily be hot when they could cool themselves down.This was a good day to do some of the homework I have been neglecting. The internet has been a definite probably since we got here, but I was happy to get some of my posts up so everyone could see what I was doing. Although the computer/breakfast nook area is stifling hot I was able to make it through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment